Current Ticket ID: 170111-000594
Original Ticket Entry:
I have a Chamberlain Wisper Drive, mfg 7/2007 - part number 41AB050-2. I retrofitted it with the MyQ/Internet gateway product. Works great with app on iPhone or Samsung. Motion sensor and time lights work fine. The wall mounted MyQ opener opens/closes door when depressed. However, what is odd is the before I installed this device, if the opener light was off and the safety sensor beam was tripped, the light would come on. This functionality DID WORK after I installed the MyQ opener system, but then started to not work. Once and a while it does work, which is weird.
1. When door is moving down from open position and I obstruct the safety sensor beam, the door does reverse, as expected.
2. When door is moving down from open position and I put upward pressure on door, the door does reverse, as expected.
I received a response back, which was not very helpful, but did capture two questions that support asked, see below:
Chamberlain Comment/Question: As of now you are able to activate the garage door to open/close from the app on the smart phone and also from the remote controls, keypad and the push button on the wall control panel? My response: note, scenario 3 is where the original ask/witnessed problem occurs (or my perception that there is a problem)
1. Scenario 1. I want to open/close door. The Chamberlain garage door opener is moving door up/down AND light COMES ON when either 1) depressing wall mounted control, in-car control, iOS/Android app, or wireless keypad. All is working as expected.
2. Scenario 2. I enter the garage space from home. Light COMES ON via the motion sensor. Light turns off within X seconds/minutes as expected.
3. Scenario 3. Garage door is open, using one of
the methods to open door from scenario 1 (normal operation(s) to open door.
Now, time goes by and light GOES OFF (as expected). With door open, light
off -- when I obstruct the safety sensor light beam (as witnessed by LED light
on one of the sensors close to ground, on side of garage door, I expect the
light to come on – but it does not ~90% of the time (once and awhile it
does). Before I installed the MyQ retrofit kit, the light would come on
in this scenario. Other: If the door is moving down (closed an open
garage door) and I obstruct the safety sensor, the door stops coming down and
reverses and goes up – as expected.
The light bulb is not turning on or coming on when the unit is activated? My response: No, light does work fine – see scenario 3 above. The behavior, IMO, feels like a software defect in the MyQ wall unit (assuming this is the “brain” of the controls.