Can't get 1 of 2 8550W Openers back online

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I have 2 8550W openers, both were working fine for a couple months, no issues. A few weeks ago, we lost our Internet connection and once restored, we were unable to connect the openers back to the router.  

After resetting Opener 1, its back online and no issues.  Opener 2 however won't cooperate and I have done a factory reset 3 times and still cannot reconnect to the router.  I've tried adding the opener using the scan feature and manually entering the serial number but each time, it jumps right to the point of saying its unable to connect to the router.  There was a point when it appeared to be searching but it just reverted to the no connection error.

When I check, the SSID is visible to the phone.  I can connect to the Opener 2 SSID using the App on my iPhone and there doesn't seem to be any issue connecting.  Only when I go through the point of connecting to the Internet does it fail.

It was working great but not now.
Nothing has changed.
Opener 1 is still working just fine.
Opener 2 is just not allowing me to connect it to the Internet.
I have performed 3 factory resets and still get hung up when I connect to Internet.
Photo of Jim Naeve

Jim Naeve

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of Chamberlain Admin

Chamberlain Admin, Official Rep

  • 257 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into this for you. If you would like us to escalate your request please send this threat to social@chamberlain.com with the subject line "myQ community. Opener connection issues. Jim Naeve." 
Photo of Jim Naeve

Jim Naeve

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, I was able to finally get it back online last night, haven't had a chance to update this thread yet.  So when I'm using the App on my iPhone, thats when it fails.  However, if I follow the steps in the manual and go to the device URL setup.myqdevice.com that it allows me to go in and manually point to the SSID and set Password at that time.  I did that and once I was able to connect, I went back in to the iPhone App and added the hub and opener without an issue.  It seems the automated feature of the App is what fails, not necessarily the WiFi of the Opener.
We can consider this solved... thanks!