If your situation is different, please provide more details of what you're experiencing so I can better help you diagnose the issue. Thanks, Lauren
I can tell you all exactly (well almost exactly as you will see) when this started happening since I have been getting the Siri response of "Hmmm. Your garage door reports that its still opening. You can confirm by asking me again in a few moments." for a few months now.
On iOS 11.0.x, it worked perfect. Siri would report if the garage was open or closed correctly when complete and it was a quick response. It was either when I updated to iOS 11.1 in October or iOS 11.2 in December when it started happening.
I never came here to post anything about it since I figured it WAS an Apple HomeKit issue and it would get worked out in a .x bug fix since I noticed it after a major iOS dot release. That still hasn't happened so I figured I would come to these forums to see what was up.
The more I think about it - it may have started after the 11.2.1 update where Apple released "iOS 11.2.1 was released on December 13, 2017. The update fixed remote access for HomeKit devices." I wonder if tweaking HomeKit then, affected the MyQ bridge? I'm positive it was an Apple iOS update that started/caused the issue and since 11.2 and 11.2.1 came out within a week of each other, I am starting to remember it was after this update that the issue started.
Issue #1: when using Siri to "Open the garage door":
- The door starts opening.
- A Siri error appears saying "Hmm. Your garage door reports that it is still opening. You can confirm by asking me again in a few moments." It also has a button to "Open the Home app"
- Siri remains on the screen and the phone will not dismiss the message or switch the screen off until I press the phone home button or power button.
- The garage door finishes opening about 1-2 seconds after the above message appears.
- The MYQ-G0301 starts beeping indicating that the door is about to close.
- The door start closing.
- A Siri error appears saying "Let me work on that..." This remains on screen for 15 seconds.
- After the 15 seconds a second Siri error appears saying "Sorry I wasn't able to do that."
- The door completes closing 1-2 seconds later.
Issue #4: The Chamberlain MyQ app seems to lag when first opened. Some times it takes up to 10 seconds for the door to update status from Open to Close or vice versa. IE: if I close the door with HomeKit or the manual button, then open the app after it has closed, the app still reports the door as open for 3-10 seconds before refreshing and showing the correct status.
The first 3 issues appear to be related to a timing problem; my door takes 15 seconds or so to close and the Siri/Home interface seems to time out prior to getting the 'complete' signal from the MyQ HomeKit. Is there a time-out setting that I can modify?
Given this issue has been widely seen for almost 6 months, I'm disappointed these rudimentary faults still exist with the product. I'll give you 2 weeks to adequately address them, or demonstrate some tangible commitment to resolve them before I request a full refund for my 3 Chamberlain products, including the opener itself. There are many modern Genie models that offer the same functionality and do not seem to suffer these symptoms.
I'm a technical user and am willing to perform any advanced diagnostics or trial any beta apps you may have to remedy this.